- Licensed Clinical Psychologist UT 9144878-2501
I obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Truman State University in Kirksville, MO. During my time at Truman State I was drawn to the field of positive psychology; I wanted to pursue a degree focusing on both alleviating emotional pain and increasing life satisfaction for my clients. This interest led me to a Masters degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI and a Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS. Throughout my training I have practiced in a wide-range of settings with a variety of disorders and with clients from as young as 12 to as old as 90. I have conducted individual, couples, and family therapy in a community mental health center, college counseling centers, a psychiatric hospital, and a veteran’s affair’s center. My group experience includes leading groups treating anxiety/depression, providing coping skills to adolescents in an intensive outpatient setting, and assisting adults with co-morbid substance abuse and mental health concerns. Over-time I have developed primary clinical interests in anxiety, depression, assessment and work with LGBT clients. Through my experience I have worked on many multi-disciplinary teams and value the expertise that others may bring while contributing my own recommendations through comprehensive assessments to help move clients toward a place of well-being.
In addition to providing psychological assessments, I also see clients at an inpatient psychiatric hospital and teach at a local university. To keep myself balanced, recharged, and ready to provide excellent clinical care, I frequently camp, mountain bike, rock-climb, snowboard, and travel to various National Parks throughout the West.
- Clinical Psychologist, University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Post-Doctoral Resident, University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Psychology Intern, University of Utah Counseling Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Therapist, Colmery-O’Neil VA Medical Center, Topeka, KS
- Therapist, University of Kansas City Missouri Counseling Center, Kansas City, MO
- Therapist, The Guidance Center, Leavenworth, KS
- Counselor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Career Development Center, Milwaukee, WI
- PhD, Counseling Psychology, University of Kansas
- MA, Counseling, Marquette University
- BA, Psychology, Truman State University